Sunday, April 1, 2012

Choir Blog 3-30-2012

HI!!!!! Its Matt and I think its my birthday. And LEXY AND CARLY made me a REDVELVETCUPCAKEWITHCREAMCHEESEFROSTING!!!!!!!!! Yayayaaya. J


Hello there. It’s Jon . It is Mathews birthday today…. Or is it tomorrow…. We are in a time loop it gets confusing. Anyway happy birthday china!


HI Hi Hi its Chloe! Last night we taught our host family how to play apples to apples it was really hard because there were a ton of American celebrities they didn’t know. Yesterday we went to the coolest park ever and I really want to bring one home! Anyway we’re off to shear sheep.


HIIII! It’s Audrey. Last night we went swinging on the ropes, listened to Tracy Chapman and ate lots of curry. Going sheep shearing today and hopefully I’m going to become a boomerang expert. G’day!
Greetings everybody! It’s Brian pulling my first blog. I thought I’d give it a shot. Today we go to watch some sheep shearing and throw boomerangs. The joke’s on them because my host family already taught me how to throw them. I’ve got a three day head start…It’s not going to help at all because I’m still unbelievable awful at it. Well, I guess that’s my blog. Have a good one. 


Hello America! A very happy birthday to Matt today…or whenever the 30th is for you. After our visit to the park yesterday, I may have to build a flying fox in my backyard. Look out mom and dad. We’re off to throw some boomerangs, so we’ll see how that goes, but at least we get to look at fluffy creatures when we shear sheep later. Ewe’s not fat, ewe’s just fluffy. I love bad jokes. Have an awesome day.


Hi its kate J so yesterday was so much fun! We got to shadow some people at school and I ended up going to a drama class with some other people but it was a blast! We got to do some improve with the Australians. After that we took a walk to the marina. The marina was pretty but the walk was the best part. There were spiders everywhere you looked and it was absolutely hilarious watching peoples reactions. After that we had a barbeque which was pretty tasty and then later we learned how to play rugby! It was sooooo much fun! And I might have been voted mvp :P but whatevs. It was so much awesome! Even tho we lost 3-0…. So theeeen we got to go back home and Claire and I tanned on the deck for a while until it started getting stormy. Then for dinner Helen and John took us out to eat at a Lebanese place which was actually kinda amazing. I had lamb on skewers! Yummm! Yeah so then when I got home, I crashed. But it was such a fun day and hopefully today will be just as great! 


Hi there America!  This is Kevin Blair! So yesterday, we didn’t do what was expected, follow our kids around school all day, but we did get to go to one class.  But afterschool, I rode the public bus, which was fun, and then JB, Breedy, and I went surfing!  I had the time of my life!  It was so fun, and I wish I could go some more.  I got on my knees on the board, almost stood up.  I must say, out of the three of us, I was the best.  My homestay mom even said I was a “natural”  Alright, I’m going to go do some sheep-shearing stuff.
HI there Chi-town this is Lexy! SO today is Matt Smith’s birthday apparently, I don’t know, we sang to him a couple times, there was an announcement on the bus, I am just going on a hunch here. We are currently in the bus on our way to sheer some sheep, crack whips and throw bomerangs! I am super excited, but the two hour bus ride is slowly eating us out… of our seats. Several people are sleeping in the back (at 10:00 in the morning, I see you Jon Wren), and I guess my subconscious misses Wisconsin or something because I swear I just saw a cow farm outside. And someone riding a Kangaroo. Last night Carly and I went to the Warringah mall (sorry for butchered spelling) and it was beautiful! We saw some birds inside, and then discovered that it is a partly outdoor mall: not like Old Orchard, but instead there is an opening in the middle of the mall where the ceiling disappears and you can see the outside. Anyway, we are off to dance and drink some Billy tea. See you later!!


Hi!! It’s Elisabeth and Hannah! Last night, our host girl, Kyra, took us to a book store in Mona Vale so that I (Elisabeth) could get the next two Hunger Games books. I’m on the last chapter of Catching Fire now. Then we got pizza at a restaurant by the ferry. What’s really nice about this trip is not only getting to know Australians, but even meeting kids from our band and orchestra that I don’t know because I’m in choir. Today, we went to a ranch to see sheep shearing and sheep dogs as well as try to use a boomerang. Neither of us had a very successful go with the boomerang, but it was fun trying!! We just had a really nice lunch at the ranch full of good food, Billy tea, and square dancing!!! G’Day!! J
 

Hey it’s Will, Aaron, and Charlie, otherwise known as the Surf Patrol. We’ve been too busy surfing, bro’ing it up, kangaroo hunting, boomeranging, square dancing, bullwhip cracking, surfing, body surfing, thrift shopping, gracing the Sydney Opera House with our presence, cowering in fear from spiders, and overrunning a children’s playground to post on the blog. However, we decided to take some time from our busy schedule of patrolling the surf to give you guys some insight into our newfound Australian lives. As we said, we lit up the dance floor with our dancing prowess. All in all it has been a good week, and we look forward to the days ahead. Peace out, Surf’s up! #surfpatrol 8


Hey, it’s Zachary Lobman. We just went to the Australian version of a ranch, so your average sheep sheering and herding were in order. Besides that we threw boomerangs that (most of the time) never came back, ate damper (which is basically bread with burnt flour on the outside from being baked in a camper/dutch oven) and drank billy tea (tea that is boiled in a pot over an open fire). Both were decent, but damper is really good with golden syrup (pure liquidized sugar kind of like honey) on it. After all that we went inside to enjoy a  very good lunch, especially for nearly 200 people. During lunch we heard Australian country music along with a few American songs done by a band called “Mountain Dew”. Guitar, accordion and vocals and some other things. After lunch we danced and hung out and now were on our bus to where our final concert will be in Australia. Wish us luck.


Once again it is I: Brian. I’m really getting into this blogging thing. As you’ve probably read we went to a ranch and saw the stockmen (Australian cowboys) doing all the casual insanely cool things that they do. First was cooking tea and bread from practically nothing. It was really good bread. Then came the whips. Pa-chaw! It was a really cool thing to see the whips cracking, and he showed us a lot of different styles of it. Boomerang throwing was really great. As I said before I had some experience, and I think it really paid off for me in the end. I had a couple moderate tosses, all of which had some good circling to it, and started to come back. The sheep sheering seemed a little animal cruelty like, so that wasn’t my favorite, but a nice experience to see. Overall a great day. I bought I CD from the band “Mountain Dew” which got rid of all the Australian money I have. I desperately need a currency exchange, but lolzcatz, probably won’t get one soon. Well off to sing, and hope it goes well! Have a solid, readers! 


Hello, this is Brad Wiedrich! The past couple of days have been very fun and exciting. We went out to Gledswood Homestead and did a bunch of fun activities from watching Australian kelpies rounding up sheep to throwing boomerangs. I was even able to have a go at a bullwhip, which was very exciting to try. Most of all, we had our performance at the Sydney Opera  House, which was very nerve-wracking, but it was a very fun and memorable performance. The bus ride back to Pittwater also turned out to be very interesting, but some things should, and will, be left unsaid. #trippiestbusrideever




No comments:

Post a Comment